How Can You Fix Your Money Problems?
Even if you have a good job, which many people today don’t, you can find yourself having money problems.
It doesn’t mean that you don’t make enough money, it means you spend more than you make.
“If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” – Benjamin Franklin
“The mint makes it first, it is up to you to make it last.” – Evan Esar
When it comes to money management, these two quotes say it all!
Money doesn’t come easy
For most of us, money is not easy to come by and is not easy to hold onto…it often seems like our money is spent before the paycheck hits the bank.
With that mind, it’s easy to see why people find themselves in debt. ..we develop debt creating habits. Habits that can become lifestyles of poor money management, which are challenging to change and sooner or later lead to problems.
Make a change
Making a change in how you think of money, spend money and save money can lead to a debt free future.
- Design and stick to a realistic budget – this is the first step in good money management.
- Start by looking at your income and your necessary outgo.
- Start saving
- Even if it’s just a few dollars a month – begin a savings plan. As you get more on top of your expenses, you will probably be able to save more over time.
- Eliminate your “non-essential” expenditures with creative alternatives.
- No more morning lattes – brew your own coffee.
- Avoid vending machines and snack bars…pack you own snacks and lunches at home, they’ll taste better, less expensive and probably be better for you.
- Replace movie theater movies with rentals, it’s about 1/3 of the cost, and the popcorn is better and less expensive too.
- Pay with cash
- If you pay only with cash, when the cash is gone, the spending ends.
- Credit cards often enable “easy” spending. If you have multiple cards, carry only one, it will help eliminate the feeling of unlimited funds.
- Make it fun – enjoy the challenge – set goals and milestones that you celebrate when they’re achieved.
At Lifestyle Equity Builder, we help people get out of debt and build wealth one family at a time.
Contact us for a Free Financial Analysis Today!